Welcome here, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.

欢迎大家的到来,在这里我们将告诉您一些美语中的俚语。

If you have ever heard of American English before, you may have heard this:Keep yourchin up.

如果你之前对美语有所了解的话,你应该会听过这句话:(Keep your chin up)

What does this mean? Let's find out by listening to an American English conversation.

这句话什么意思呢?让我们从下面的美式英语对话中找到答案吧!

A: I don't konw if I can take it anymore. First my car broke down. Then I was late for work. And now my boss is mad at me for being late.

我不知道我是否还能忍受的住(快要坚持不住,崩溃了),先是我的车坏了,接着我上班迟到了,现在我的老板也因为我的迟到对我发火!

B: You'll have a better day tomorrow. Just keep your chin up.

明天会好更好的,你一定要振作起来!

"Keep your chin up" means to keep your spirits high, and remain cheerful in a difficult situation.

"Keep your chin up"意思就是振作起来,保持高昂的情绪,即使在困境中也要有愉悦的心境。

This is an informal expression that can be used in any situation and everybody in America will understand you.

这个短语是一种非正式的表达方式,可以被用于很多情况,而且在美国的任何人都能听得懂。

注意:keep your chin up 多用来鼓励失落、受挫的人:

1.Keep your chin up. All right? Okay?

昂起头来骄傲的活下去好吗?

2. Keep your chin up! It'll be all right.

打起精神来!情况会好起来的。

And that's all for today.

今天就到这里了!

informal[in'fɔ:məl]adj. 非正式的,不拘形式的

understand[.ʌndə'stænd]vt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为

cheerful['tʃiəfəl]adj. 高兴的,快乐的

conversation[.kɔnvə'seiʃən]n. 会话,谈话

查看原文 >>
相关文章