IF I WERE A SUNBEAM

如果我是陽光

"If I were a sunbeam,

如果我是陽光,

I know what I'd do;

我知道該做什麼?

I would seek white lilies,

我會尋找白色百合,

Roaming woodlands through.

漫步穿過林子。

I would steal among them,

我會偷偷藏進林間,

Softest light I'd shed,

發出柔和的光,

Until every lily

直到每朵百合,

Raised its drooping head. ”

長出花蕊而開放。

"If I were a sunbeam,

如果我是陽光,

I know where I'd go;

你猜我會去哪裏?

Into lowly hovels,

我會走進低矮的小屋,

Dark with want and woe:

那兒充滿黑暗、貧困和悲哀,

Till sad hearts looked upward,

直到悲傷之心重燃希望。

I would shine and shine;

我會發光、發亮,

Then they'd think of heaven,

他們會想象天堂,

Their sweet home and mine."

他們和我甜美的家。

Are you not a sunbeam,

你難道不正是陽光?

Child, whose life is glad

生活幸福的孩子,

With an inner brightness

你的內心充滿光亮,

Sunshine never had?

真正的陽光從不會有。

Oh, as God has blessed you,

噢,上帝已然爲你祝福,

Scatter light divine!

撒下萬能的光!

For there is no sunbeam

沒有陽光的地方,

But must die or shine.

必有渴望與光亮。

相關文章