Hello!

大家好!

看到有读者留言说:

很喜欢《来吧,英语》这个栏目,

小编也觉得很高兴~

这给了我们充足的动力!

独乐乐不如众乐乐~

这次特意分享几个英文小笑话,

大家一起开心学英语吧!

01

A Good Boy

好孩子

Little Robert asked his mother for two cents. "What did you do with the money I gave you yesterday?"

小罗伯特向妈妈要两分钱。“昨天给你的钱干什么了?”

"I gave it to a poor old woman," he answered.

“我给了一个可怜的老太婆,”他回答说。

"You're a good boy," said the mother proudly. "Here are two cents more. But why are you so interested in the old woman?"

 “你真是个好孩子,”妈妈骄傲地说。“再给你两分钱。可你为什么对那位老太太那么感兴趣呢?”

"She is the one who sells the candy."

“她是个卖糖果的。”

02

Nest and Hair

鸟窝与头发

My sister, a primary school teacher, was informed by one of her pupils that a bird had built its nest in the tree outside the classroom.

我姐姐是一位小学老师。一次一个学生告诉她说一只鸟儿在教室外 的树上垒了个窝。

"What kind of bird?" my sister asked.

“是什么鸟呢?”我姐姐问她。

"I didn't see the bird, madam, only the nest," replied the child.

“我没看到鸟儿,老师,只看到鸟窝。”那孩子回答说。

"Then, can you give us a description of the nest?" my sister encouraged her .

“那么,你能给我们描述一下这个鸟巢吗?”我姐姐鼓励她道。

"Well, ma'am, it just resembles your hair. "

“哦,老师,就像你的头发一样。”

03

My First and My Last

第一次与最后一次

When George was thirty-five, he bought a small plane and learned to fly it. He soon became very good and made his plane do all kinds of tricks.

乔治35岁时买了架小型飞机,并开始学习驾驶。不久,他就能很娴熟地驾机做各种各样的特技飞行了。

George had a friend. His name was Mark. One day George offered to take Mark up in his plane. Mark thought, "I've travelled in a big plane several times, but I've never been in a small one, so I'll go."

乔治有个朋友名叫马克。一天,乔治主动邀请马克乘他的飞机上天兜一圈。马克心想,“我乘大客机飞行过好几次,还从来没有乘过小飞机,我不妨试一试。”

They went up, and George flew around for half an hour and did all kinds of tricks in the air.

升空后,乔治飞了有半个小时,在空中做了各种各样的飞行特技。

When they came down again, Mark was very glad to be back safely, and he said to his friend in a shaking voice, "Well, George, thank you very much for those two trips in your plane."

后来他们着陆了。马克很高兴能够安全返回地面。他用颤抖的声音对他的朋友说:“乔治,非常感谢你让我乘小飞机做了两次飞行。”

Gerogy was very surprised and said, "Two trips?"

乔治非常吃惊地问:“两次飞行?”

"Yes, my first and my last," answered Mark.

“是的,我的第一次和最后一次。”马克答道。

04

How Did You Ever Get Here

你是怎样来的?

One winter morning, an employee explained why he had shown up for work 45 minutes late. "It was so slippery out  that for every step I took ahead, I slipped back two."

一个冬天的早晨,一名雇员解释他为什么迟到了四十五分钟才起来上班。“外面太滑了,我每向前迈一步,就要向后退两步。”

The boss eyed him suspiciously. "Oh, yeah? Then how did you ever get here?"

老板狐疑地看着他。“噢,是吗?那你是怎样到这里来的?”

"I finally gave up," he said, "and started for home."

“后来我决定放弃,”他说,“然后我就往家里走。”

05

Open-book exam

开卷考试

On the day of our final exam at my Community College in Santa Maria, Calif., we heard that the bookstore had changed its policy and would buy back our business-management textbooks. 

我在加利福尼亚的圣玛丽亚市一所社区大学读书。期末考试那天,听说书店在回购我们的工商管理课本。

Before class, several of us dashed over to the store and sold our books. 

考试前,我们几个赶忙跑到书店把书卖了。

We were seated and waiting for the test when our professor announced that considering the difficulty of the final, it would be an open-book exam.

随后,我们坐在教室里等着考试。这时候教授宣布:考虑到试题的难度,今天的考试我们决定开卷。

最后,还是那句话,

大家如果有任何建议,

可以随时在留言区告诉我们,

我们会持续关注并改进。

PS:有读者留言说推荐英文歌,

这是个很不错的建议哦!

今后我们会定期推荐,敬请期待~

如果有觉得好听的歌曲,

欢迎留言告诉我们!

河南省教育网

资讯丨政策丨热点丨招聘丨公益

www.haedu.cn

查看原文 >>
相关文章