Hello!

大家好!

看到有讀者留言說:

很喜歡《來吧,英語》這個欄目,

小編也覺得很高興~

這給了我們充足的動力!

獨樂樂不如衆樂樂~

這次特意分享幾個英文小笑話,

大家一起開心學英語吧!

01

A Good Boy

好孩子

Little Robert asked his mother for two cents. "What did you do with the money I gave you yesterday?"

小羅伯特向媽媽要兩分錢。“昨天給你的錢幹什麼了?”

"I gave it to a poor old woman," he answered.

“我給了一個可憐的老太婆,”他回答說。

"You're a good boy," said the mother proudly. "Here are two cents more. But why are you so interested in the old woman?"

 “你真是個好孩子,”媽媽驕傲地說。“再給你兩分錢。可你爲什麼對那位老太太那麼感興趣呢?”

"She is the one who sells the candy."

“她是個賣糖果的。”

02

Nest and Hair

鳥窩與頭髮

My sister, a primary school teacher, was informed by one of her pupils that a bird had built its nest in the tree outside the classroom.

我姐姐是一位小學老師。一次一個學生告訴她說一隻鳥兒在教室外 的樹上壘了個窩。

"What kind of bird?" my sister asked.

“是什麼鳥呢?”我姐姐問她。

"I didn't see the bird, madam, only the nest," replied the child.

“我沒看到鳥兒,老師,只看到鳥窩。”那孩子回答說。

"Then, can you give us a description of the nest?" my sister encouraged her .

“那麼,你能給我們描述一下這個鳥巢嗎?”我姐姐鼓勵她道。

"Well, ma'am, it just resembles your hair. "

“哦,老師,就像你的頭髮一樣。”

03

My First and My Last

第一次與最後一次

When George was thirty-five, he bought a small plane and learned to fly it. He soon became very good and made his plane do all kinds of tricks.

喬治35歲時買了架小型飛機,並開始學習駕駛。不久,他就能很嫺熟地駕機做各種各樣的特技飛行了。

George had a friend. His name was Mark. One day George offered to take Mark up in his plane. Mark thought, "I've travelled in a big plane several times, but I've never been in a small one, so I'll go."

喬治有個朋友名叫馬克。一天,喬治主動邀請馬克乘他的飛機上天兜一圈。馬克心想,“我乘大客機飛行過好幾次,還從來沒有乘過小飛機,我不妨試一試。”

They went up, and George flew around for half an hour and did all kinds of tricks in the air.

升空後,喬治飛了有半個小時,在空中做了各種各樣的飛行特技。

When they came down again, Mark was very glad to be back safely, and he said to his friend in a shaking voice, "Well, George, thank you very much for those two trips in your plane."

後來他們着陸了。馬克很高興能夠安全返回地面。他用顫抖的聲音對他的朋友說:“喬治,非常感謝你讓我乘小飛機做了兩次飛行。”

Gerogy was very surprised and said, "Two trips?"

喬治非常喫驚地問:“兩次飛行?”

"Yes, my first and my last," answered Mark.

“是的,我的第一次和最後一次。”馬克答道。

04

How Did You Ever Get Here

你是怎樣來的?

One winter morning, an employee explained why he had shown up for work 45 minutes late. "It was so slippery out  that for every step I took ahead, I slipped back two."

一個冬天的早晨,一名僱員解釋他爲什麼遲到了四十五分鐘纔起來上班。“外面太滑了,我每向前邁一步,就要向後退兩步。”

The boss eyed him suspiciously. "Oh, yeah? Then how did you ever get here?"

老闆狐疑地看着他。“噢,是嗎?那你是怎樣到這裏來的?”

"I finally gave up," he said, "and started for home."

“後來我決定放棄,”他說,“然後我就往家裏走。”

05

Open-book exam

開卷考試

On the day of our final exam at my Community College in Santa Maria, Calif., we heard that the bookstore had changed its policy and would buy back our business-management textbooks. 

我在加利福尼亞的聖瑪麗亞市一所社區大學讀書。期末考試那天,聽說書店在回購我們的工商管理課本。

Before class, several of us dashed over to the store and sold our books. 

考試前,我們幾個趕忙跑到書店把書賣了。

We were seated and waiting for the test when our professor announced that considering the difficulty of the final, it would be an open-book exam.

隨後,我們坐在教室裏等着考試。這時候教授宣佈:考慮到試題的難度,今天的考試我們決定開卷。

最後,還是那句話,

大家如果有任何建議,

可以隨時在留言區告訴我們,

我們會持續關注並改進。

PS:有讀者留言說推薦英文歌,

這是個很不錯的建議哦!

今後我們會定期推薦,敬請期待~

如果有覺得好聽的歌曲,

歡迎留言告訴我們!

河南省教育網

資訊丨政策丨熱點丨招聘丨公益

www.haedu.cn

查看原文 >>
相關文章