IF I WERE A SUNBEAM

如果我是阳光

"If I were a sunbeam,

如果我是阳光,

I know what I'd do;

我知道该做什么?

I would seek white lilies,

我会寻找白色百合,

Roaming woodlands through.

漫步穿过林子。

I would steal among them,

我会偷偷藏进林间,

Softest light I'd shed,

发出柔和的光,

Until every lily

直到每朵百合,

Raised its drooping head. ”

长出花蕊而开放。

"If I were a sunbeam,

如果我是阳光,

I know where I'd go;

你猜我会去哪里?

Into lowly hovels,

我会走进低矮的小屋,

Dark with want and woe:

那儿充满黑暗、贫困和悲哀,

Till sad hearts looked upward,

直到悲伤之心重燃希望。

I would shine and shine;

我会发光、发亮,

Then they'd think of heaven,

他们会想象天堂,

Their sweet home and mine."

他们和我甜美的家。

Are you not a sunbeam,

你难道不正是阳光?

Child, whose life is glad

生活幸福的孩子,

With an inner brightness

你的内心充满光亮,

Sunshine never had?

真正的阳光从不会有。

Oh, as God has blessed you,

噢,上帝已然为你祝福,

Scatter light divine!

撒下万能的光!

For there is no sunbeam

没有阳光的地方,

But must die or shine.

必有渴望与光亮。

相关文章