Welcome here, where we share you all about idioms in American English.

歡迎大家的到來,在這裏我們將爲大家分享一些美語中的俚語。

Now, what would you think if you heard this? Actions speak louder than words.

“Actions speak louder than words”,如果你聽到這句話,會怎麼理解呢?

If you are just beginning to learn English, this might not make sense. Let's see if we can find out what this phrase means.

如果你剛開始學習英語的話,可能覺得無厘頭。讓我們能否從下面的對話,弄明白這個表達的意思。

A: You keep saying that you'll help me.

你一直說會幫助我。

B: I am going to help you. Really, I am. You just have to wait a little while.

我是要打算幫助你呀!真心的!只是你需要再等等。

A: Well, we'll just wait and see. Actions speak louder than words.

好吧,我們等着瞧!行動比語言更響亮(百說不如一干)。

It sounds like she needs to see action instead of words.

聽起來A想要的看到的是行動而不是一句空口承諾。

And that's exactly what this phrase means.

這就是該說法要表達的意思。

Actions speak louder than words means what you do is more important than what you say.

“Actions speak louder than words”意思就是你做的比你說的更重要

And if you say you are going to do something, then you need to do it.

如果你說你打算去做某事,然後你就要去做這件事(要一諾千金,說到做到)。

This is a casual phrase. But it does have a strong meaning, especially in American business, where result are important .

這是一個非正式表達。但是它有着很強烈的意思表示,尤其是在以結果爲導向的美式商務環境中。

And that's all for today.

今天就到這裏了!

Facts speak louder than words. 事實勝於雄辯(中文很深厚吧)

casual 英 [ˈkæʒuəl] adj.隨便的; 偶然的; 非正式的; 臨時的

查看原文 >>
相關文章