摘要:大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享一个我们经常会用到的经典英语日常口语,“玩笑开到自己头上”的英语表达。如果说“the joke is on someone”,意思就是一个人开玩笑骗其他人,反而开到自己头上了。

Hello!

大家好,欢迎来到地道英语口语,今天给大家分享一个我们经常会用到的经典英语日常口语,“玩笑开到自己头上”的英语表达。

PS: 文中还有很多经典表达,大家仔细看看哦!

下面来看一段经典对话,对话中会反复用到今天我们要学的这个地道口语!

Dialogue

Hello! Have you hear the news?

嘿!你听说了吗?

Gossip, you mean?

你是说传闻?

No, it’s true!

不是的,是真的!

We’ve been given the day off.

我们今天要放一天假。

So, sorry, I’m not going to hang around-I’m off to the beach.

不好意思,我就不在这附近了—我要去海滩了。

Hold on! Who says?

等一下,这是谁说的?

Neil. He said the boss told him that we’ve all worked so hard we don’t have to work today!

尼尔。他说老板告诉他我们工作都很努力,所以今天就要放假了。

Hmm. It sounds like a wind -up to me. A wind-up is another way of saying “ a trick or joke”.

嗯……这听起来像是“a wind up”,也就是“谎话或者玩笑话”

I’m sure Neil was joking.

我敢肯定尼尔是在开玩笑!

April Fool, Mary. I was joking.

愚人节,玛丽。我在开玩笑。

I wanted to trick you- to see if you’d leave the office and...take the day off.

我想骗骗你—看你是不是会离开办公室…缺勤一天。

Ha ha, very funny.

哈哈,真好笑。

Well, actually, I have got the day off today.

好吧,实际上,我今天是要休假。

So the joke is on you, and it starts now. Goodbye.

所以你玩笑开到自己身上了,现在成真了。拜拜。

总结:when “the joke is on someone”, it meas the person who has tried to make you look silly has ended up looking silly themselves. so the joke has backfired.

如果说“the joke is on someone”,意思就是一个人开玩笑骗其他人,反而开到自己头上了!

“玩笑开到自己头上”用英语怎么说?

地道英语口语

For examples

I know you were trying to be funny by saying I’d never pass my exam. But now you’re the only one who hasn’t, so the joke’s on you. I’m afraid.

哈,你认为跑马拉松我一定不会比你用时短,不过我已经做到了,玩笑适得其反。

Ha, you thought I’d never beat your time for completing the marathon. But I have, so the joke’s on you.

我知道你说我不会通过凯苏实在开玩笑。不过你现在是唯一没有通过考试的人,恐怕你是玩笑开到自己头上了。

今天的学习就到这里啦!

每天我都会为大家分享这样的干货

然后整理出精华内容

让你学到最地道的日常英语表达

今天你打卡学习了吗?

下期再见!

相关文章