摘要:大家好,歡迎來到地道英語口語,今天給大家分享一個我們經常會用到的經典英語日常口語,“玩笑開到自己頭上”的英語表達。如果說“the joke is on someone”,意思就是一個人開玩笑騙其他人,反而開到自己頭上了。

Hello!

大家好,歡迎來到地道英語口語,今天給大家分享一個我們經常會用到的經典英語日常口語,“玩笑開到自己頭上”的英語表達。

PS: 文中還有很多經典表達,大家仔細看看哦!

下面來看一段經典對話,對話中會反覆用到今天我們要學的這個地道口語!

Dialogue

Hello! Have you hear the news?

嘿!你聽說了嗎?

Gossip, you mean?

你是說傳聞?

No, it’s true!

不是的,是真的!

We’ve been given the day off.

我們今天要放一天假。

So, sorry, I’m not going to hang around-I’m off to the beach.

不好意思,我就不在這附近了—我要去海灘了。

Hold on! Who says?

等一下,這是誰說的?

Neil. He said the boss told him that we’ve all worked so hard we don’t have to work today!

尼爾。他說老闆告訴他我們工作都很努力,所以今天就要放假了。

Hmm. It sounds like a wind -up to me. A wind-up is another way of saying “ a trick or joke”.

嗯……這聽起來像是“a wind up”,也就是“謊話或者玩笑話”

I’m sure Neil was joking.

我敢肯定尼爾是在開玩笑!

April Fool, Mary. I was joking.

愚人節,瑪麗。我在開玩笑。

I wanted to trick you- to see if you’d leave the office and...take the day off.

我想騙騙你—看你是不是會離開辦公室…缺勤一天。

Ha ha, very funny.

哈哈,真好笑。

Well, actually, I have got the day off today.

好吧,實際上,我今天是要休假。

So the joke is on you, and it starts now. Goodbye.

所以你玩笑開到自己身上了,現在成真了。拜拜。

總結:when “the joke is on someone”, it meas the person who has tried to make you look silly has ended up looking silly themselves. so the joke has backfired.

如果說“the joke is on someone”,意思就是一個人開玩笑騙其他人,反而開到自己頭上了!

“玩笑開到自己頭上”用英語怎麼說?

地道英語口語

For examples

I know you were trying to be funny by saying I’d never pass my exam. But now you’re the only one who hasn’t, so the joke’s on you. I’m afraid.

哈,你認爲跑馬拉松我一定不會比你用時短,不過我已經做到了,玩笑適得其反。

Ha, you thought I’d never beat your time for completing the marathon. But I have, so the joke’s on you.

我知道你說我不會通過凱蘇實在開玩笑。不過你現在是唯一沒有通過考試的人,恐怕你是玩笑開到自己頭上了。

今天的學習就到這裏啦!

每天我都會爲大家分享這樣的乾貨

然後整理出精華內容

讓你學到最地道的日常英語表達

今天你打卡學習了嗎?

下期再見!

相關文章